Monday, August 13, 2007

Change...

Ok. I have been avoiding blogging because I don't really know how to tell you all that is going on. I guess the way I am wired is, tell you all really thoroughly what is going on in our lives and how we feel about it to the greatest detail. I can't do that now. It would take up too much space. The basics:

Lainie and Jason (and Lily) are moving to Lubbock. This is only 1.5-2 hours away but this is far for us since we see them at least 5 times a week. I know that almost anyone reading this knows that this is a huge deal to our family and us individually. We are so amazingly blessed by the Martinez family. We will miss having them close but know that our relationships are stronger than any distance. We KNOW they are going where God is sending them. He has been good and even spoken this to our hearts. We want them to be where God is asking them to be. So, we are sending them out with excitement knowing that this is for The Greater Good...for the Kingdom of God!

Besides the Martinez family, our dear friends the Harris's are moving too (coincidentally to Lubbock as well). They have become a very important part of our lives and we love hanging out with them as families. They have lived for a few years about 4 blocks away. Morgan and I used to say all we need is a tunnel between our houses and the kids could just go back and forth. I guess a tunnel to Lubbock may be a little far.

All this being said - things are a little emotionally raw here. Actually maybe a little numb. It all feels a little, no a lot, surreal. It's so nice to really know that God is in all of this. He is worth any sacrifice! I'm sure you'll here more. I just needed to get this out there.

5 comments:

Megan Kemp said...

Amy,
I can so feel your heart right now and almost cry for you as I think of Lanie moving away, because I know too well the flood of emotions overtaking you. You are in my prayers! Love you!!

Harris' said...

Hey you! I finally started our own blog spot! I think your an amazing person to be able to be happy for Lainie knowing she isn't going to be right around the corner anymore..that's pretty special. We enjoyed hanging out with you all the other night! love ya, morgan

Joe said...

Amy, sorry to hear such close friends are moving away. Look at it this way, 1.5-2 hours is nothing compared to the 9 hour slog to KC you'll be making later this month.

Excited to see you all!

Love,
Joe

Grandpa T. said...

That Everett boy looks like he's sprouting up. Soon he will be not only taking a big boy bath with his bro, he'll be taking showers. Enjoy every minute you can with them and never ever think you are cheating some other part of your life by being with them (and Daddy, of course). You guys are doing so well; can't wait to have some floor time with them and some Uno time with all. God Bless!

Unknown said...

Amy-My eyes got all teary when I read this blog entry. I pray that God will make his reasons clear soon to you. You, Ben, Sy and Everett are in my thoughts and prayers daily!
Love, V