Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Daddy's Gone Camping


Ben had the great opportunity to have a mountain experience over the weekend with his brother Jon, and James (Jon's brother-in-law.) We were able to stay at my parents house (thanks M and D.) We all had such a great time on our adventures. Look really close at the warning label on the bucket Sy is in. We got a good laugh! (BTW - pebbles, not water in the bottom of the bucket.)





We spent Sunday at a friends house out at Lake Tanglewood. I wish I had more pics but Ben had the camera. Sy and Lily got to fish. You should have seen it, they were so much fun to watch. Lily cracks me up. She held a fish in her hands, kissed it then threw it on the ground where she stomped on it. (Yes, she's extreme :) Sy took more of the Ben approach...watch and learn. He did touch a fish just not with Lily's abandonment. It was a storybook day. Thanks Jeff and Saundra.



This summer is moving so fast. I'm sure many of you are wondering what on earth has happened to Amy? This is it. Seems to be the summer of family. I love it. We have really never had times like these and we may not again so, sieze the day - right?

Potty training is going really well. I'll spare you the details but I will say, I'm going to have a lot of left over diapers. A few days ago Sy mentioned he needed to "go." Ben said, "I'll take you." Sy said, "No, let's go as a family!" I guess he's catching our summer theme too.

Everett is gaining by the day. His newest nicknames are "Tub-o-Luv, Little E, E-Man, and Gushy Bear." He is very frustrated that he can't sit up yet and he notices if we have left the room. I'm thinking he may be Mr. Social.

I feel so blessed lately. I almost feel guilty. But then I am reminded that God is an extravagant God. He loves lavishly and He loves to bless His kids. I feel really loved right now. Thank-you God for amazing family, for the abundance we experience and the Life you have given us. You are truly good.

We're going to Dallas to visit Noah and Hayley this weekend. So, look forward to interesting pics and stories. Until then...enjoy life and let yourself be loved on by our Good God!

2 comments:

Joe said...

Caution, do not allow your child to lean into this bucket. 
The child may fall into the bucket, roll away, get catapulted off a seesaw at a
park that hasn't removed that piece of dangerous playground equipment yet (we'll
sue them later,) then land in a flower garden and cause a butterfly to flap its
wings, and we all know what happens when a
butterfly flaps its wings
!

Unknown said...

Wow! What great stories! Amy, you are very blessed. Please give E-man and Sy-man big Aunt Veronica hugs. I miss you all so, so much!!!