Monday, June 4, 2007

My Sky

Ok. So since I started this blog a few days ago, I think of things daily I want to publish for you all to read. The problem is, I don't seem to have the time or energy when it comes down to posting something. Oh well, that's kind of the story of my life but you all are probably not really interested in ALL of my thoughts so you have been spared.

We had a bummer of a weekend. Sy got really sick Saturday morning. We took him to "Urgent Care" yesterday and turns out he has strep throat. He is still pretty sick today (thank-you God for naps). That antibiotic should turn things around pretty soon.

Last night I was desperate to get out of the house. We were also desperate for groceries. That took me to the fabulous retreat of Walmart Supercenter. I must tell you, I hate Walmart. I avoid it as much as possible but it's almost foolish not to shop there when you are in the diaper phase of life. As much as I hate it, it was a wonderful break last night. I love going late at night alone with no one to worry about but me. I find it amazing how entertaining and enjoyable it can be to go into autopilot and just browse through all of those wonderful things you never knew you needed so much. I filled my basket with those great things and ended up putting most of them back before I checked out, but it sure was fun. So, one martini mixer, a razzle-berry pie, and a new kitchen timer later, (plus the needed groceries) I felt refreshed enough to go back home.

The best part of the day was the gift waiting for me when I went outside. The sky to the North (above my car) was astounding! It had rained while I was inside shopping so it was one of those beauties that came from the storm. There was a small window through the clouds to the sky. The sky itself was a bright blue. A little lighter than a royal blue. It was a back-drop for the clouds. I have never seen clouds this color. They were plum. Not quite black and too red to be purple. All around was a wall of plum color. The clouds were thick and formless all over except this one place to the North. There, you could see the same plum colored fluffy clouds and piering through, from behind, was that bright blue sky. I don't think a picture could have captured it. I love moments like that. God paints an amazing sky to remind us how vast and creative He is. What a gift His creation is to me and you. I felt like it was a specific gift for me last night. Breaking through the mundane and grabbing my heart with His Color! It just did something to my soul. I pray you all have experiences like that.

1 comment:

Lainie said...

LOVE IT! Don't you love when God shows off! He is so generous to share HIS beauty and HIS awesomeness. I love HIM and I love you!